jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jordi Salvat i Alabart <jsalv...@atg.com>
Subject Re: Regular Expressions in parameter names
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:28:24 GMT
You're right. We don't have a proper solution with a variable number of
parameters. But you can always hack one...

For example, if your page contains parameters such as:
<input name="par_i" value="1">
And you're OK with a request such as:
http://...../page.ext?....X=Y&par_1=1&par_2=1&...&par_N=1...

Then you can use the following value for parameter X:

Y&${__regexFunction(<input name="(par_[0-9]+)" value="1",$1$=1,ALL,&,,)}

Make sure not to check the Encode checkbox for this parameter.

If your parameters can go first in the request, it's cleaner to use the
regex function in the Path field. [Which makes me remember that we need
to reorganize de GUI to reduce the Port field size and increase the Path
size in exchange.]

Makes sense?

Of course there's a ton of conditions for this to work, but I guess
variations of this will be useable 95% of the times.

(Regexps rule).

--
Salut,

Jordi.