jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jordi Salvat i Alabart <jsalv...@atg.com>
Subject Re: ZipException during batch invocation
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:37:14 GMT
If you don't use a Cookie Manager, each request will create a new session.

If you use a Cookie Manager and mark the "Clear cookies after each
iteration" box, each iteration of the script within a thread group will
create a new session.

Note however, that accumulation of sessions created in this way will
very likely (depending on the rate at which you create sessions, the
size of session data and your session timeout value) kill your servlet
container, but cannot by any means be called a "memory leak".

Hope this helps.

--
Salut,

Jordi.

Lee Peterson wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> We want to exercise our servlet, deliberately trying to make any memory
> leak cause an eventual crash.
>
> I don't think a continuous JMeter execution will do what we need it to,
> because we want to repeatly and continually spawn new sessions.  That's
> the scenario that will expose memory leaks.  I believe a single JMeter
> 'run' starts a number of sessions only equivalent to the summation :
>
>   ((all Thread Groups) x (# of threads in the group))
>
> If that's so, it will only give us a finite number of sessions.
> However, I think repeating a JMeter batch job *will* do the trick.
>
> In trying to run JMeter in batch, I'm running into exception :
>
>   [ OTHER 'Loaded' stuff snipped ... ]
>
>   [Loaded java.util.zip.ZipException from C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1\lib\rt.jar]
>   Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: The filename, directory name,
or volume label syntax is incorrect