jmeter-user mailing list archives

From mstov...@apache.org
Subject Re: JMeter open sockets
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 13:54:47 GMT
The problem with a top-level images directory is that the website
consists of the docs/ directory (via cvs checkout).  So, a top-level
images directory would be top-level to the website, which wouldn't
be appropriate.

A better way to go that would make everyone happy is to develop a
deployment strategy that doesn't rely on cvs checkout.  Then, the
images can go under xdocs and docs can be removed from cvs.
An ant task that uploaded to the website would be ideal, but I don't
think it's possible.  Otherwise, a task that generated an appropriate
tarball would be fine.

On 8 Oct 2003 at 12:29, jose.3.kuzhivelil@bt.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running a test of 50 threads through a Thread Group of 90
requests, I was expecting 50 sockets opened on the server but I
found that there were actually one socket opened per request per
thread (totalling 4500 open sockets) and my server eventually ran
out of memory and  I had to shut down the test and the server.
> Eventually it took around 4 minutes to release these connections
as well but that is the default keep-open value in unix I guess

> My question is whether this is the expected behaviour in JMeter
that it opens a new Connection per HTTP request or have i not set
something correctly?

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org