jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Simon Gilligan <simon.gilli...@level11.com.au>
Subject why no gzip re-compression : bug 14088 ??
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:16:44 GMT
Hi,

JMeter doesn't support decompression of gziped responses, as finalised
in bug 14088.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this render any response assertions
useless? Whats the point of timing responses if theres no way to
determine if they're correct or not??

The argument that decompressing will bog down the client machine is fair
- but it would be nice for the choice to decompress or not to be left in
the hands of the user. Load testing is one aspect of JMeter, another is
regression testing, whereby response assertions clearly must work.

And with my new dual G5 powermac - I'm more than willing to try and bog
it down :)

Regards,
Simon.