jmeter-user mailing list archives

From peter lin <jmw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using csv data as input
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:50:12 GMT

I did some profiling of the new log parser sampler
last week and the performance was decent. the current
parser I wrote is fairly efficient, since it uses
bufferedReader to read one line at a time. Mike's
comments are accurate and new sampler wouldn't be able
to handle assertions and so on.

In the past I wrote a tool to convert netscape log to
jmeter requests, but I ran into a problem because
ram. If you're dealing with a large number of unique
requests to simulate production traffic, you may be
better off going with the log parser route. If not, a
simple conversion from CSV to jmeter requests is most
likely the best option.

good luck.

peter