jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Dan Yuen <dyuen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using csv data as input
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 00:54:43 GMT
We are considering moving our application testing over
to jMeter and are looking at how we would need to
modify jMeter to fit our company needs.  Specifically,
we have a test generation tool that produces a csv
file which contains, among other things, inputs for
test cases (which I'm thinking would convert into
Samplers) and expected outputs (which I'm thinking
would get converted into Assertions for those
Samplers).

What would be the best way to convert the csv data
into Samplers and Assertions?  Are there certain
classes that can easily be extended so that I can read
a csv file and convert each line into a Sampler with
associated Assertions and add them to my Test Plan?
Or would it be much easier and quicker to just write a
csv to jmx converter?

It seems the latter would be quicker in the short run
but would require running the converter as an
intermediate step before we run jMeter.  So, before we
make a decision on which road to take, I'm trying to
get my arms around what would be involved with
extending jMeter to use the csv file directly.

Can you help?  If so, thanks for any advice/direction
you can give.

Dan Yuen