jmeter-user mailing list archives

From peter lin <jmw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: ZipException during batch invocation
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:19:59 GMT

I don't know about servlet containers, but with tomcat, if you start it with -Xmx -Xms, it
should prevent the server from getting OutOfMemoryException. what ends up happening is the
server will deny new connections. if you don't use -Xmx, tomcat will eventually crash due
to memory limitation.

atleast that's my experience running a couple hundred different benchmarks.

peter

Lee Peterson <Lee.Peterson@sas.com> wrote:
Thanks Jordi,

I had overlooked the 'Clear cookies' checkbox.
Not a JMeter question per se, but a JMeter test technique
question for sure - If I keep iterating, and leave the
servlet and container some pauses occasionally, why won't
garbage collection keep the container alive provided I've
provided enough memory using -Xmx -Xms and don't invoke
any more simultanous sessions than that memory allotment
allows?

Also, I still want to invoke JMeter in batch mode ...
so I'd appreciate anyone's advice on how to resolve the
java.util.zip.ZipException problem.

Thanks.

Lee