jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Morisset <jsmor...@mvlan.net>
Subject Question about results
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:03:23 GMT
Guys,

I ran some tests overnight with jmeter v1.9.1, and got some odd results...

Threads	Rate	R/Thr.	Avg	CPU
1 x 1	13/sec	13/sec	75ms	28%
1 x 5	22/sec	4.4/sec	222ms	38%
1 x 10	23/sec	2.3/sec	436ms	37%
1 x 15	23/sec	1.5/sec	646ms	39%
1 x 20	23/sec	1.15/sec    850ms   38%
1 x 30	24/sec	0.8/sec	1251ms	38%
1 x 40	24/sec	0.6/sec	1665ms	38%
2 x 20	57/sec	0.7/sec	1265ms	72%
2 x 30	57/sec	1.4/sec	1541ms	72%
2 x 40	57/sec	0.7/sec	1486ms	72%
2 x 60	57/sec	0.5/sec	2220ms	72%

* CPU is the web server CPU.

* The Threads # x # is the number of jmeter servers x the number of
threads on each.

* When the jmeter servers were increased to 2, I added the Rates of each
together to get a total # of requests/second.

Notice one of the tests was 1x40 and another 2x20. These two tests should
have given the same results since the total number of threads is the same.

When using 2 jmeter servers, I added the Rate together to get a total
number of requests / second. This _seems_ logical since each jmeter
server is telling me it can do X number of requests per second, but the
1x40 and 2x20 tests should then have the same Rate number.

I also don't understand why the web server's CPU jumped from 38% -> 72%
when going from 1x40 to 2x20. This would indicate twice the number of
users/threads.

Any thoughts? :-)

Thanks,
js.