jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Lee Peterson" <Lee.Peter...@sas.com>
Subject ZipException during batch invocation
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:29:34 GMT
Hi all.

We want to exercise our servlet, deliberately trying to make any memory
leak cause an eventual crash.

I don't think a continuous JMeter execution will do what we need it to,
because we want to repeatly and continually spawn new sessions.  That's
the scenario that will expose memory leaks.  I believe a single JMeter
'run' starts a number of sessions only equivalent to the summation :

  ((all Thread Groups) x (# of threads in the group))

If that's so, it will only give us a finite number of sessions.
However, I think repeating a JMeter batch job *will* do the trick.

In trying to run JMeter in batch, I'm running into exception :

  [ OTHER 'Loaded' stuff snipped ... ]

  [Loaded java.util.zip.ZipException from C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1\lib\rt.jar]
  Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: The filename, directory name, or
volume label syntax is incorrect
  [Loaded java.lang.StackTraceElement from C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1\lib\rt.jar]
          at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
          at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:117)
          at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:55)
  [Loaded java.util.HashMap$KeySet from C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1\lib\rt.jar]
  [Loaded java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator from C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1\lib\rt.jar]

CLASSPATH problem ?  I thought I had enough in there.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

Lee Peterson

SAS Institute, Inc.