jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Lars-Erik Helander" <helan...@gatespacetelematics.com>
Subject Keeping track of machines used during remote tests
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:58:20 GMT
One great feature with JMteter is that you save your test results together
with you test
plan definition. This makes it possible to track "exactly" what you did and
you do not
loose control over the relationship between test results and their
corresponding test plan.
However when you run remote tests you must configure the remote set of
machines in the
jmeter.properties file, which (to my knowledge) is not part of the stored
test results.
This mean that you loose track of some basic data concerning the test if you
only have
the test results available.
I would suggest a Configuration Element that you may apply to a Test Plan
that corresponds
to the list of remote machines to use during the test run.
Another feature this would give,is the possibility to alter the set of
machines without
having to restart the controlling jmeter instance.

If any of these issues is already solved in JMeter,please provide me with a
link to
the appropriate information.

Regards
Lasse Helander