jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Janne.Matt...@keypartners.fi
Subject Re: Getting results as throughtput / number of virtual users
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:00:32 GMT

Hmmm, not too many responses on this :)

I ended up writing a small postprocessing utility. The approach I am now
taking is:

1. Run test on different JMeter machines separately, manually starting each
one. This eliminates the JMeter client becoming bottleneck. All servers
store data in local CSV files. This also enables each server to run the
amount of threads which is tailored to that server's processing
capabilities.

2. I give the names of these files to the small utility, which combines
them and calculates data (throughput / total number of simultaneous
threads). To get accurate results servers have to have clocks in sync. The
resulted data is written to a file which can be read to excel, which suits
me fine.

- - -
Janne Mattila
Järjestelmäsuunnittelija

Key Partners Oy
Polttimonkatu 4, 33210 Tampere
Puh. + 358 20 551 6188
Gsm + 358 40 849 1074
Fax + 358 20 551 6200
www.keypartners.fi

|         |           Janne.Mattila@key|
|         |           partners.fi      |
|         |           24.09.2003 17:38 |
|         |           "JMeter Users    |
|         |           List"            |

  |       To:       jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
                                       |
  |       cc:       (bcc: Janne Mattila/FI/TJG)
                                       |
  |       Subject:  Getting results as throughtput / number of virtual users

Hi,

probably a newbie question, but I would appreciate help in this anyway. I'm
looking for a way to to generate load test results so that I would have a
graph of throughput / number of virtual clients. So far I have managed to
get a graph of throughput with nothing on the x-axis. I am running
distributed configuration with one client JMeter and several server
JMeters.

I probably could do this

1. record data to files with "Graph results" listener => I should get data
for throughput / point of time (although when I briefly tested this, it
looked like the data stored was response time / point of time instead???)
2. Using the parameters "number of clients" and "ramp-up time", the number
of JMeter servers & some excel trickery I could combine the data from step
1. to a graph of throughput / # of virtual clients

but there has to be a simpler and more reliable way to do this, right?

- - -