jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Janne.Matt...@keypartners.fi
Subject Re: Importing csv into MS-Excel
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:20:43 GMT

Hi,

I believe you can import the data to Excel with basic file->open when you
have a delimiting character that Excel recognizes. Then again, you end up
with a big bunch of samples which can be painful to analyze with Excel. I
created a small Java program to do some csv analysis. You can also use it
to survive with a good performance with distributed JMeter tests, by
running each computer independently and combining the separate csv files
after tests.

It's by no means fancy, but does the trick for me. I uploaded it at

http://www.geocities.com/jmeter_analyze/

- - -
Janne Mattila
Järjestelmäsuunnittelija

Key Partners Oy
Polttimonkatu 4, 33210 Tampere
Puh. + 358 20 551 6188
Gsm + 358 40 849 1074
Fax + 358 20 551 6200
www.keypartners.fi

|         |           Jean-Sebastien   |
|         |           Morisset         |
|         |           <jsmoriss@mvlan.n|
|         |           et>              |
|         |           30.09.2003 00:20 |
|         |           "JMeter Users    |
|         |           List"            |

  |       To:       JMeter User <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                                             |
  |       cc:       (bcc: Janne Mattila/FI/TJG)
                                       |
  |       Subject:  Importing csv into MS-Excel

Hi,

Is there somekind of MS-Excel template out there I could use to import a
CSV file and get some stats? I'd rather avoid re-inventing the wheel if
I can... :-)

Thanks!
js.
--