jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Sebastian.BAZ...@london.sema.slb.com>
Subject RE: Response data not showing from Java request sampler
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:16:40 GMT
I think you need to set the response data type:

results.setDataType(SampleResult.TEXT);

S.
-----Original Message-----
From: Clifton Craig [mailto:ccc@icsaward.com]
Sent: 19 September 2003 17:02
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Response data not showing from Java request sampler

 Hello,

 I'm new to JMeter and I've written a simple Java request sampler object for
 testing to get a feel for things. The 1st thing I've noticed is that the
 response data does not show in the view results tree listener. I am setting
 response data in my java request sampler. Here's a code snippet:
         String response = "Iteration #" + count++;
         result.setSamplerData(response);
         result.setResponseData(response.getBytes());
         result.setResponseMessage(response);
         result.setResponseCode("OK");
         return result;

 However when I run the test the response window for each sample thread is
 grayed out. Is this by design? Are there any work-arounds?

 Clifton C. Craig
 Intelligent Computer Systems
 A division of Global Beverage Group
 ccc@icsaward.com