jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Sebastian.BAZ...@london.sema.slb.com>
Subject RE: Antw: Re: charset parameter in content type of Soap/XML-RPC S ampler
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:08:23 GMT
In case you want to know why using the classpath did not work:

When java starts an application using the -jar flag the classpath is totally
ignored. This means the CLASSPATH variable, and the -cp/-classpath flags.

[Not all the Java books mention this behaviour, but you can find it in the
Sun documentation - cannot remember where offhand.
Java does not warn you if you use -cp and -jar together.]

JMeter gets round this by looking for the jar files in specific places, e.g.
lib and lib/ext.

As an alternative, you can make jars available to all applications by
putting them in the   $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext  directory (if you have write
access to that).

--
The opinions expressed herein are my own, and are not necessarily endorsed
by my employer ...
-----Original Message-----
From: mstover1@apache.org [mailto:mstover1@apache.org]
Sent: 11 September 2003 13:51
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Antw: Re: charset parameter in content type of Soap/XML-RPC
Sampler

You shouldn't have to recompile - but try unpatching the jmeter
batch file and instead drop the mail jars into jmeter's /lib directory.

-Mike

On 11 Sep 2003 at 10:49, florian.racky@techem.de wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I saw in Bugzilla that you are dealing with the javax.mail problem.
Meanwhile I tried to get "WebService (SOAP) Request" running in
JMeter 1.9.1. I installed the javax.mail and javax.activation
packages, added everything to my classpath and even patched the
jmeter batch file, adding the command-line-argument -classpath
pointing to mail.jar but I still see

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Multipart
>         at
org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:228)

help@jakarta.apache.org

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org