jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Anantheswaran, Krishnan" <krishnan.anantheswa...@hp.com>
Subject Jmeter sequencing question
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:34:50 GMT
Hi,

I'm using JMeter to run a load test on my web app. I also have some
benchmarking code in the app that I'll use to check the performance of
various objects in the system. I need to be able to do the following and
can't seem to find an easy way to do it. Any help will be appreciated.

1. Hit URLs A,B,C,D,E just once (to ensure all page compiles have taken
place)
2. Hit URL BENCHMARK_INIT just once (initialize the benchmark component)

3. Multiple threads X multiple times
	Hit URLs A,B,C,D,E in sequence. (actual load test)

4. After (3) is complete Hit URL BENCHMARK_PRINT just once (print the
benchmarks accumulated)

I can figure out how to do each of the steps but I can't seem to
sequence the calls so that steps 1, 2 and 4 happen just once (and not
once per thread). I guess I can always have 3 test plans and run them
one after another but it would be good if I can use just one test plan
for the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Krishnan