jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Anantheswaran, Krishnan" <krishnan.anantheswa...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Jmeter sequencing question
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:15:37 GMT
Nope - that doesn't work either. It runs steps 1,2,4 once per thread.

Also, I tried moving steps 1,2,4 directly under the test plan. That
didn't work either - I guess everything outside of a thread group is
ignored when the test is run.

Regards,
Krishnan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Lindsey [mailto:mikel@ticketweb.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 12:01 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Jmeter sequencing question

Hrm.  Ah.   Right.  Use the Once Only controller.  After rereading the
docs, I think it'll just do it once per test, rather than once per
thread, if it's a direct child of the thread group.

So:

Thread Group

    |-Once only
    |   |- Steps 1 and 2

    |-Loop Controller
    |   |- Step 3

    |-Once only
        |- Step 4

Anantheswaran, Krishnan wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately this does not work (I'm
> using Jmeter 1.9.1).
>
> The UI does not allow a child element of a thread group under a parent

> thread group. I can  workaround this by adding the new thread group
> under the test plan and then doing a drag-drop on the new thread group

> so it's under the main one.
>
> When I run the test however, both outer and inner thread groups start
> concurrently and I see pages from step 3 being hit at the same time as

> the pages from steps 1 and 2.
>
> Regards,
> Krishnan

Mike Lindsey
"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an

incredible miracle."