jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Anantheswaran, Krishnan" <krishnan.anantheswa...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Jmeter sequencing question
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:53:44 GMT
Mike,

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately this does not work (I'm
using Jmeter 1.9.1).

The UI does not allow a child element of a thread group under a parent
thread group. I can  workaround this by adding the new thread group
under the test plan and then doing a drag-drop on the new thread group
so it's under the main one.

When I run the test however, both outer and inner thread groups start
concurrently and I see pages from step 3 being hit at the same time as
the pages from steps 1 and 2.

Regards,
Krishnan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Lindsey [mailto:mikel@ticketweb.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 11:40 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Jmeter sequencing question

Add a second thread group as a child of the main thread group.  The
outer thread group is executed once, and contains steps 1, 2, inner
thread group, and step 4.

The inner thread group you set up to do step three with multiple
threads.

That should work.

Anantheswaran, Krishnan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using JMeter to run a load test on my web app. I also have some
> benchmarking code in the app that I'll use to check the performance of

> various objects in the system. I need to be able to do the following
> and can't seem to find an easy way to do it. Any help will be
> appreciated.
>
> 1. Hit URLs A,B,C,D,E just once (to ensure all page compiles have
> taken
> place)
> 2. Hit URL BENCHMARK_INIT just once (initialize the benchmark
component)

> 3. Multiple threads X multiple times
> 	Hit URLs A,B,C,D,E in sequence. (actual load test)
>
> 4. After (3) is complete Hit URL BENCHMARK_PRINT just once (print the
> benchmarks accumulated)
>
> I can figure out how to do each of the steps but I can't seem to
> sequence the calls so that steps 1, 2 and 4 happen just once (and not
> once per thread). I guess I can always have 3 test plans and run them
> one after another but it would be good if I can use just one test plan

> for the whole thing.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Krishnan

Mike Lindsey
"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an

incredible miracle."