jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Beecher Greenman" <beechergreenman@aol.com> (by way of Millennium <millenn...@mac.com>)
Subject [Newbie] HTML Validation Assertion?
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:25:25 GMT
I'm still pretty new to JMeter, though I've been impressed with its
capabilities thus far. However, I've got a question about the assertions
currently available.

I'm delighted to see that JMeter uses Tidy as an HTML parser. My
question is, is there any way I can use this to validate HTML in my
XML, but the site I'm testing would prefer to validate as HTML 4.01
Transitional. Is there something out there which can validate HTML? If
not, how difficult would it be to write an assertion for it? I noticed
that the developers' manual doesn't appear to have a section on writing
assertions.