jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Arnold <jerem...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Re: JDBC sampler - connection pool
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 21:13:31 GMT
Hello,
    "Number of Connections in Pool" is the number of database
connections which will be created.  These connections get put in a pool,
and each request will grab a connection from the pool, use it, and then
put the connection back in to the pool.

    "Max Usage For Each Connection" is the maximum number of times that
a connection will be used.  Once this limit has been hit, the connection
will be closed and a new one will be opened to replace it.  A large
value is probably best, as closing and opening database connections is
rather expensive.  Some databases and/or JDBC drivers may encounter
problems (either functional problems or reduced performance) if you keep
the connection open for too many requests though.  So you may have to
experiment a bit.

    I haven't personally tried using the default config elements with a
JDBC sampler, but I've heard one or two reports recently that it doesn't
work.  I've been doing some development with the JDBC sampler recently,
so when I get a bit of time I'll take a look at it.  It could be a few
weeks though...I'm moving at the end of this month, and don't have a lot
of spare time right now.

    I haven't really noticed the behavior you described where only one
active connection is used, but I haven't really been looking out for
that kind of issue.  So I'd have to check a few things before I could
tell you whether it is a bug in JMeter or if it is something else.  I'll
try to look into that too when I get a chance.

Jeremy
http://xirr.com/~jeremy_a