jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Frank Rizzo <etchasketch992...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Pre Processor counter
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:14:46 GMT
I know where you are coming from.  I get frustrated with seemingly impossible reports from
the field too.

I'd buy you a shot if we were at the bar, but . . .

mstover1@apache.org wrote:
Well, another difference was that on your first attempt, I hadn't had
a chance to contact your jmeter instance telepathically and tell it
the right way to work. Did you miss the "establish telepathic link
with The Creator" part of the installation process?

Just kidding. I'm stumped. Please let me know if you discover the
difference between the two. You could always send me both test
plans and I could probably figure it out.

-Mike

On 18 Sep 2003 at 11:47, Frank Rizzo wrote:

> I created a new test plan and used the counter successfully.
Then why doesn't it work on the other, original test plan? At first I
thought it may be related to get/post settings on the request. No.
In the new test plan, it works for both get/post. There must be
some condition that exists in test plan A that keeps the counter
from incrementing. The only way that the original test plan is
different is that it was originally produced from http proxy server
and recording controller, then the http samplers were copy/pasted
into a new loop controller.

> Frank Rizzo wrote:I tried
again
> 1) with counter as a child of loop controller
> 2) delete counter and re-add to http sampler
>
> still no luck getting the counter to increment. I am not sure how it
is possible that we have such different results. next I'll try to
recreate the test plan from scratch, keeping it simple. My test plan
was originally created using a http proxy server and the recording
controller (great btw!). Thanks for the suggestion. I'll post back if I
get it to work.

> mstover1@apache.org wrote:
> I don't know what to say - it worked fine for me when I tried your
> test plan. how about attaching the counter directly to your loop
> controller?
>
> -Mike
>
> On 17 Sep 2003 at 22:13, Frank Rizzo wrote:
>
> > Hi. I am using jmeter 1.9.1 with java 1.4.2 on winXP.
> >
> > I have created a test plan similar to that shown below.
> >
> > Problem: i'd like the sampler to request to view a different order
> number with every request. however, the http request that is sent
> the server is always the start value (100000). It is never
> incremented. Did I set something up wrong? everything else
looks
> great.
> >
> > test plan
> > >thread group
> others)
> maximum=200000, reference name=order_num, track counter
> independently for each user is Unchecked.

> --
> Michael Stover
> mstover1@apache.org
> Yahoo IM: mstover_ya