jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Frank Rizzo <etchasketch992...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Pre Processor counter
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:11:14 GMT
The pre processor counter now works.  I edited the xml in the test plan.

It seems that the maximum value of the counter was set to 99,999,999,999, which is greater
than Integer.MAX_VALUE.  So take your pick:  stupid user error or input validation error.
 I changed it to 99,999,999 and all is well with the world.

Frank Rizzo <etchasketch992003@yahoo.com> wrote:
I created a new test plan and used the counter successfully. Then why doesn't it work on the
other, original test plan? At first I thought it may be related to get/post settings on the
request. No. In the new test plan, it works for both get/post. There must be some condition
that exists in test plan A that keeps the counter from incrementing. The only way that the
original test plan is different is that it was originally produced from http proxy server
and recording controller, then the http samplers were copy/pasted into a new loop controller.

Frank Rizzo wrote:I tried again
1) with counter as a child of loop controller
2) delete counter and re-add to http sampler

still no luck getting the counter to increment. I am not sure how it is possible that we have
such different results. next I'll try to recreate the test plan from scratch, keeping it simple.
My test plan was originally created using a http proxy server and the recording controller
(great btw!). Thanks for the suggestion. I'll post back if I get it to work.

mstover1@apache.org wrote:
I don't know what to say - it worked fine for me when I tried your
test plan. how about attaching the counter directly to your loop
controller?

-Mike

On 17 Sep 2003 at 22:13, Frank Rizzo wrote:

> Hi. I am using jmeter 1.9.1 with java 1.4.2 on winXP.
>
> I have created a test plan similar to that shown below.
>
> Problem: i'd like the sampler to request to view a different order
number with every request. however, the http request that is sent to
the server is always the start value (100000). It is never
incremented. Did I set something up wrong? everything else looks
great.

> test plan
> >thread group
> >> http header mgr
> >> http request mgr
> >> http cookie mgr
> >> loop controller
others)
maximum=200000, reference name=order_num, track counter
independently for each user is Unchecked.

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688