jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Frank Rizzo <etchasketch992...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Pre Processor counter
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:13:03 GMT
I tried again
1) with counter as a child of loop controller
2) delete counter and re-add to http sampler

still no luck getting the counter to increment.  I am not sure how it is possible that we
have such different results.  next I'll try to recreate the test plan from scratch, keeping
it simple. My test plan was originally created using a http proxy server and the recording
controller (great btw!).  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll post back if I get it to work.

mstover1@apache.org wrote:
I don't know what to say - it worked fine for me when I tried your
test plan. how about attaching the counter directly to your loop
controller?

-Mike

On 17 Sep 2003 at 22:13, Frank Rizzo wrote:

> Hi. I am using jmeter 1.9.1 with java 1.4.2 on winXP.
>
> I have created a test plan similar to that shown below.
>
> Problem: i'd like the sampler to request to view a different order
number with every request. however, the http request that is sent to
the server is always the start value (100000). It is never
incremented. Did I set something up wrong? everything else looks
great.

> test plan
> >thread group
> >> http header mgr
> >> http request mgr
> >> http cookie mgr
> >> loop controller
others)
maximum=200000, reference name=order_num, track counter
independently for each user is Unchecked.

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688