jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mark McWhinney" <...@portata.com>
Subject Memory / CPU usage
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 07:59:04 GMT
Hi all,

I am a long time LoadRunner user but am new to JMeter.  I am impressed with
its functionality.  It is a lot closer to LoadRunner than many of us in the
LoadRunner community realize.

I am going through the usual newbie issues but am actually reading the
manual and figuring it out.

I ran a test with one thread group with 30 threads that had six HTTP
requests with a 5 second wait time between each request.  I maxed out the
CPU at about 20 to 25 users on a 800 MHz Windows 2000 machine.  Memory
utilization was about 350 Mbytes.  Is that typical?  I am really going to
need 10 machines to do a 250 user load test or am I missing something?