jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Clifton Craig" <...@icsaward.com>
Subject CLASSPATH woes with Java Request Sampler
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:09:46 GMT
Hello all:

I've created a Java Request Sampler that I intend to use to test my EJB app.
However it is necessary that my Java request sampler have some additional
entries in the CLASSPATH. These entries include classes which are in
development along with some EJB server specific stuff. According to the
JMeter docs it appears that I need to have any additional resources jarred
and stored in the lib/ext folder. This approach is impractical to my
scenario. I've experimented with using Class-Path headers in the jar
manifest for my Java Request sampler but they seemed to not work. Are there
any other workarounds. I looked briefly at the NewDriver.java file in
JMeter's core jar file and it seems as though it is filtering all entries
from the CLASSPATH that do not end with ".jar". I need help. How can I get
my Java Requester to see the rest of my app without jarring everything up?

Clifton C. Craig
Intelligent Computer Systems
A division of Global Beverage Group
ccc@icsaward.com