jmeter-user mailing list archives

From mstov...@apache.org
Subject Re: How to change header parameters based on user
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:33:15 GMT
I'm not sure about the details of your situation, but here's how I would approach this generally:

Prior to beginning recording, figure out what the values are going to be for the user domain

and userid.  Make user-defined variables for them in the TestPlan element.  When you
record, those values should be automatically replaced in your header objects that get
recorded.

Once you have the test recorded, move these user-defined values to a User Parameters
element, and change the values to be __StringFromFile functions, or maybe CSVRead
functions that read values from a file.  Put all the values you want to use there.

-Mike

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org