jmeter-user mailing list archives

From mstov...@apache.org
Subject Re: Fw: Concurrent Controller
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:10:46 GMT
I'm a legend???  In what world?  I'd like to know :-)

I think I understand now - if you are simulating loading a frame
page with several frames, I could see how you might want to make
JMeter load them all in parallel.  Same with images from a page,
etc.  It's not really possible, if that's what you are doing.  One thing I
do, however, is I group all such requests in a simple controller and I
add a constant timer with a high negative value to the simple
controller.  That way, I can have a top level timer that causes a
delay from main page to main page, but I negate any delay for the
sub pages with the negative constant timer, and so all the
subpages are loaded as fast as JMeter can do it.  It's not in parallel
the way a browser would do it, but it really isn't feasible to have
JMeter running multiple threads per user, since we're already
running a separate thread for each user.

Long answer - I hope it means something to you.

-Mike

On 20 Aug 2003 at 10:56, Gopi wrote:

> Hi Mike
>
> You are a legend !!!
>
> Thanks for your quick reply. I used user parameters pre-
processor and got
> rid of one problem.
>
> Perhaps I didnt explain the case earlier, Is there any controller
that runs
> the elements underneath concurrently ?
>
> Consider the following example
>
> My Controller
> |
> |-- My Http Req 1
> |-- My Http Req 2
> |-- My Http Req 3
>
> The requests are being executed in sequential order ie, My Http
Req 1, 2 and
> 3. I was wondering whether I can start all three requests at once
!!

> Thanks again
> Gopi

multithreaded
> > - one thread per user simulated.
> >
> > If you want each simulated user to log in with different
credentials,
> > try the User Parameters Pre-Processor.
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> > On 19 Aug 2003 at 17:58, Gopi wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I am using JMeter to load test my web application. First I
would
> > like to say thanks for developing such a great project. I am a
> > VB.NET developer and know a bit of java as well. I was
wondering

help@jakarta.apache.org