jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Arnold <jerem...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Re: JDBC connection pool
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:09:40 GMT
Hello,
    My experience with the JDBC sampler is rather limited, but I've been
looking at the connection pool code recently, so I can take a stab at
answering your questions.  Anybody else can feel free to jump in and
claim I'm wrong.  :)

    From the code, it appears that there is really just one connection
pool per database URL.  So if you have multiple JDBC samplers with the
same database URL, they will share a connection pool.  I realize that
this probably isn't what you would expect from looking at the GUI.

    I can't comment on the JDBC Database Connection Pool
Defaults...haven't looked at that.

    I've been doing some work recently on rewriting the connection
pool.  If you have some thoughts about how you would like it to work,
please feel free to send them along.  This work is planned for the next
major version of JMeter, but we could consider putting it in a 1.9.x
release if there is demand.

Jeremy
http://xirr.com/~jeremy_a