jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Bazley" <Sebastian.Baz...@london.sema.slb.com>
Subject Re: ssl sessions handling
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:30:05 GMT
Unfortunately, with the default implementation, there is no control over when connections are
re-used - or not.
Furthermore, each HttpUrlConnection object can only be used once.
[I suppose the idea was to make it easy to retrieve a single item via a URL, but the design
is otherwise very inflexible,]

I may be wrong, but I don't think anything can be done until JMeter is recoded to use a more
flexible implementation, such as Apache
HttpClient.

This should allow JMeter full control over connections, which could then be shared amongst
all samplers in a thread.

Sorry I don't have better news.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurent MEDIONI" <LMEDIONI@sqli.com>
To: "'JMeter Users List '" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 10:56 AM
Subject: RE: ssl sessions handling

Hi,
I have exactly the opposite problem :)
I use JMeter 1.9..., jre 1.4.2, with SSL and Client certificate.
I cannot use one Client certificate per thread as JMeter does not provide a
way to give a separate certificate per thread (do I have to post a change
request for that ?). Thus each thread uses the same user for the
authentication process: 1st problem.
But my main problem is that each sampler in my test generates its own SSL
connection (whatever the "keep alive" option may be)... This saturates the
Apache server used to negociate SSL connections because each page, each
image, each .css, ..., opens a SSL connection: 2nd problem.

I don't know, in my case, if all SSL connections use the same SSL session
(what have you used to demonstrate that ?) but I am looking for a way to
make each thread reuse an already opened SSL connection (by the previous
sampler of the same thread).

Thanks,
Laurent