jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Don Dehm" <dd...@edgenet.com>
Subject Trying to use the Regular Expression Extractor
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:43:36 GMT
Hello group.  I am trying to parse a page to extract a variable (to
later be used as an argument to later links).

I have placed a Regular Expression Extractor after the sample.  I have
been experimenting with this for a while and have not been able to find
instructions on it.

The regexp I am using is projectId=([0-9]*)

Here are my questions:

Concerning the Regular Expression Extractor Form:
What is meant by "Template" and what value do I put there?  (I am
currently getting an exception pointing toward an initTemplate function
in PatternMatcher.
Is the reference name supposed to be the same as a Parameter name in
"User Parameters".  Is that where the value is stored?

What is the syntax for later using that parameter.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!