jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <nick.f...@ce.com.au>
Subject tricky situation?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 04:34:14 GMT
Hi,

            I'm a first-time user of JMeter and would like to be able to use
it in a current project.

            Two pieces of information are swapped between two web servers
and used differently by each application. One server sets the data, another
adopts it and uses it as a query when it must request something from the
first. One of the pieces of data is a session ticket, another is an order
number.

            The data is communicated, at different times, via URL parameters
and HTTP POSTs.

            I would like my JMeter test plan to use a number of distinct
sessions that each perform a round trip through the system. I would like to
find a way to dynamically store and later refer to the data, as a URL
Parameter and a HTTP POST var., with distinct results for each running
thread.

            Can this be done with built in functions? Can it be done more
easily? I would appreciate being pointed to pre-existing samples, if
suitable ones exist.

Regards,

Nick Faiz

B2B e-Commerce Developer