jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Banthien <alexan...@questech.de>
Subject Re: Jmeter remote
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:47:10 GMT
Hi Mike,

thanks for the help. port 1099 is open. But NAT seems to be the problem, if I
understand the bits right which I found in the web.

The problem: RMI puts the client address (10.10.10.21 in my case) into the payload
of the RMI packets, not just the TCP/IP headers. So my requests do reach the
server (TCP/IP wise) but the server will try and find 10.10.10.21 which he can't,
clearly. (I believe a second network connection is built in the reverse direction
up for callbacks)

I have given up. It is a pity. I couldn't even find a description on how to tunnel
it (e.g. ssh). Bad luck.

Thanks anyways, Alexander

mstover1@apache.org wrote:

> Any firewall between the two will block RMI.  You'd have to open the RMI
> ports in your firewall (you'd have to look up what they are - 1099 at a guess,
> but I don't really remember).
>
> -Mike
>
> On 17 Jul 2003 at 13:25, Alexander Banthien wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > am I rightin thinking, that the JMeter client cannot sit behind a NAT
> > (straight forward) firewall if the server sits somewhere on the internet due
> > to the use of RMI?
> >
> > can RMI over HTTP be done? just guessing.
> >
> > Thanks anyway,
> >
> > Alexander

> --
> Michael Stover