jmeter-user mailing list archives

From serge van Thiel <serge.vanth...@skynet.be>
Subject Repetitive loss of connection with JDBC request and MySQL
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:09:51 GMT
Hello,

I made a very simple test scenario consisting of a single JDBC Request :
SELECT col1, col2, col3 FROM mytable. I start it in an endless loop using a
connection pool. Default URL and driver details are given in a JDBC config
element.
Here are the versions I use :

Linux SuSE 8.1
MySQL 4.0.13
JMeter 1.8.1
MySQL connector 3.0.8

This is what I systematically receive after a few thousands iterations :

07/28/2003 3:12:27 PM WARN - jmeter.protocol.jdbc: DBConnectionManager: Lost
 a connection connection='com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.Connection@a5d3d5
07/28/2003 3:12:27 PM ERROR - jmeter.protocol.jdbc: Error in JDBC sampling
java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException
        at java.lang.Thread.start(Native Method)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.util.ConnectionObject.release(ConnectionObjec
t.java:282) at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.util.DBConnectionManager.releaseConnection(DB
ConnectionManager.java:229) at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.sampler.JDBCSampler.sample(JDBCSampler.java:1
91) at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:141) at
 java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

The same DB logic has been wrapped in a JSP. Using Tomcat 4.1.24 and an HTTP
request instead, my simple test runs successfully.
Your help and suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks,
Serge