jmeter-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Brian Lundell" <blund...@timeindustrial.com>
Subject RE: ideas on extending jmeter
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:54:13 GMT
Hey,

My issue lies with the fact that I need to use these thousands of fields in a subsequent request,
like so:

Request 1: I need to send a request to get which item IDs to modify.
Request 2: Then I need to use those item IDs to incorporate with the subsequent modification
requests.

The structure of the requests will always be the same, it's only the ID attributes that will
be unique every time it is run.  Is this what you mean by 'creating' data?  Other than using
thousands of regular expressions, I don't know how to do this.

Brian




-----Original Message-----
From: mstover1@apache.org [mailto:mstover1@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 11:17 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: ideas on extending jmeter


Hi,
    Can you describe what you're planning more completely?  You say you 
want to parse XML results sent back from the server - you can do that in a 
Post-Processor, an Assertion, or a Listener.  The question is, what do you 
want to do with the data after parsing it?  Use it in subsequent requests?  
Then you'd probably want to use a Post-Processor to parse the results and 
store values in JMeter's context.  

If you want to display info to the user based on this, you'd want to write a new 
visualizer.  If you want to verify something about the response, you could 
extend the already existing XML Assertion (which simply verifies the response 
XML is valid XML).

If you want to use it to generate new requests, then that is a problem, 
because JMeter doesn't currently have a means of dynamically creating new 
requests (dynamically modifying, yes, creating, no).

-Mike

On 28 Jul 2003 at 10:00, Brian Lundell wrote:

> Hi!
> 
> I'm looking for ideas on how to do something that right now, I believe I have 
to extend JMeter to do.
> 
> After sending an XML request, I need to parse thousands of fields from the 
XML returned by the server.  I believe that because of the numbers it is 
unreasonable to use regular expressions to get these values...especially 
since the number of fields will change.  I believe it would be ideal if I could 
write a function or even a sampler to do this.  The reason I'm thinking a 
sampler would be better is because there are no functions that currently send 
requests (that I've seen).  I'm thinking either way would be possible, but I 
guess I'm looking for an answer of how I should do this that is in line with how 
JMeter is intended to be used.
> 
> If there is another way of doing this that I haven't considered, I'd love to hear 
it!  Thanks for the help!
> 
> Brian
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 




--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688
AIM: mstover777

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message