jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Lundell" <blund...@timeindustrial.com>
Subject ideas on extending jmeter
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:00:03 GMT
Hi!

I'm looking for ideas on how to do something that right now, I believe I have to extend JMeter
to do.

After sending an XML request, I need to parse thousands of fields from the XML returned by
the server.  I believe that because of the numbers it is unreasonable to use regular expressions
to get these values...especially since the number of fields will change.  I believe it would
be ideal if I could write a function or even a sampler to do this.  The reason I'm thinking
a sampler would be better is because there are no functions that currently send requests (that
I've seen).  I'm thinking either way would be possible, but I guess I'm looking for an answer
of how I should do this that is in line with how JMeter is intended to be used.

If there is another way of doing this that I haven't considered, I'd love to hear it!  Thanks
for the help!

Brian