jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Brown" <dbr...@pingtel.com>
Subject RE: ideas on extending jmeter
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:55:52 GMT
Hello,

Have you thought of using xslt to parse the results for you?  If you are
using something like Tomcat, you can write a custom tag to merge the xml
results with a xslt stylsheet to have the results parsed for you.  You
can also look into using JSLT to handle the parsing of the xml document
via xslt.

Hope this helps,
Dan Brown

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Lundell [mailto:blundell@timeindustrial.com]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 12:00 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: ideas on extending jmeter

Hi!

I'm looking for ideas on how to do something that right now, I believe I
have to extend JMeter to do.

After sending an XML request, I need to parse thousands of fields from
the XML returned by the server.  I believe that because of the numbers
it is unreasonable to use regular expressions to get these
values...especially since the number of fields will change.  I believe
it would be ideal if I could write a function or even a sampler to do
this.  The reason I'm thinking a sampler would be better is because
there are no functions that currently send requests (that I've seen).
I'm thinking either way would be possible, but I guess I'm looking for
an answer of how I should do this that is in line with how JMeter is
intended to be used.

If there is another way of doing this that I haven't considered, I'd
love to hear it!  Thanks for the help!

Brian