jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Brown" <dbr...@pingtel.com>
Subject RE: Maximum concurrent users for testing with JMeter...Urgent!!!
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:37:54 GMT
Hi,

The number of threads that you run is related to the memory available.
In the startup script, make sure that you have enough memory for java to
run in ( use the -Xmx flag (i.e. -Xmx1024m ) ).  If you don not have
enough memory allocated, JMeter will fail with an out of memory error.

You can also run JMeter on multiple machines, either as stand alones, or
using JMeter Server...and then remote start them. ( See the
documentation on how to implement this )

Hope this helps,
Dan Brown

-----Original Message-----
From: Himanshu Gulati, Gurgaon [mailto:himanshu@ggn.hcltech.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 10:58 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Maximum concurrent users for testing with JMeter...Urgent!!!

Hi,

We have a limitation in choosing a load testing tool for one of our
clients
as we want to use a cost effective solution. In this regard JMeter
offered a
very competent testing ground for load testing our web application.

We are looking at 700 concurrent users Test Scenario, which would mean
700
threads running simultaneously from a client machine with JMeter
installed
on it. We have a question about the scalability of JMeter as to "What is
the
maximum no of threads JMeter can support for a client configuration?".

Expecting a prompt response as this matter is urgent.

Thanks in advance,

Himanshu Gulati
HCL Technologies