jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "James Farrier" <j.farr...@tecsphere.com>
Subject RE: _StringFromFile Function
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:46:04 GMT
I am using version 1.8 of JMeter.

I have the following as value of the query parameter:

${_StringFromFile(C:\transactions\JMeter\jakarta-jmeter\bin\testfiles\qu
ery.txt,)}

The text file I am referring to is a plane text file which has the
letters of the alphabet on separate lines. The behavior I am trying to
create is first to search for A, then B then C....D...E etc.

When I look at the results in the view request tree I can see the
following:

http://clueso:80/jfarrier/analysisManager.do
Query Data:
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TOKEN=616aeaa651e38461867e28433917cb&analy
sesResultsToString=<Results></Results>&query=${_StringFromFile}

As a side note, when I use the Function Helper Dialog, _StringFromFile
does not appear in this.

If you need anymore information then let me know.

-----Original Message-----
From: BAZLEY, Sebastian [mailto:Sebastian.BAZLEY@london.sema.slb.com]
Sent: 01 July 2003 13:41
To: 'JMeter Users List'
Subject: RE: _StringFromFile Function

What symptoms are you seeing?

If you are seeing the function name, then either the function name has
been
spelt wrongly, or the number of parameters is incorrect. [This applies
all functions.]

Note that StringFromFile only has one leading underscore...

If you use the Function Helper, neither of the above should apply, so:

If you could post a few more details (JMeter version, how SFF is being
used,
what "doesn't work") perhaps we could be of more help.

--
The opinions expressed herein are my own, and are not necessarily
endorsed