jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Puri, Manish" <manishp...@ti.com>
Subject RE: Jmeter - User Parameter element
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 21:31:57 GMT
What if I have one more User value. Will it be ignored then??

-----Original Message-----
From: mstover1@apache.org [mailto:mstover1@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 4:00 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Jmeter - User Parameter element

On 4 Jun 2003 at 10:51, Puri, Manish wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 2 queries:
>
> 1) If I define a User Variable to provide different values for different
> users, then are those values available for reference to other elements in
> the thread? e.g
>
> HTTP Req 1
>   |--> User Parameter(x=1, x=2)
> HTTP Req2
>
> I mean to ask, can I use the variable ${x} as an parameter value in HTTP
> Req2

Yes, the variables are essentially global.  The placement of the User
Parameters in the tree
controls when the variables get set/updated, after which they are available
to everyone.

> 2) How do I define multiple values of x for user 1(one thread itself)
using
> the User Parameter sampler. Is there a proper way or else should I reduce
> the number of values by 1 less than the number of threads so that they
cycle
> through each one of them?

You can embed a function as a value in the User Parameters, and it will get
updated
periodically (depending on where in the tree you put the User Parameters and
other options
you select).  This is only available in the 1.9 code.

Your plan of creating values for a number of users 1 less than the number of
threads wouldn't
work since the threads get fixed with a particular user in the User
Parameters.  If you have 1
less set of variables defined than threads, then the last thread and the
first thread would share
the same values.

-Mike

--