jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sherwood, Steve" <steve.sherw...@liberate.com>
Subject Remote Testing w/ Non-Default RMI Port
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 16:23:51 GMT
Anyone tried running rmiregistry on a non-default port and running a remote
test?

I am able to run a remote test if rmiregistry is started using the default
port but with the remote machine being shared, I need to use a different
port in my assigned range.  So, I start rmiregistry on port 5098 and then
edit jmeter.properties on my PC.  I don't see any settings for remote port
so I tried putting <remote_ip>:5098 on the remote_hosts line.  With this
setting I try to start a remote test and get a "Bad call to remote host"
error message and a java.rmi.NotBoundException in jmeter.log.

Any suggestions on how I can change the port the GUI uses to connect to the
rmiregistry?

Thanks,
Steve