jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Carl W Blake" <c...@xfi.com>
Subject session ID
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:04:40 GMT

In my JMeter test scenario, I'm using the URL-rewriting modifier to capture the session ID
being passed from my web application.  The test works fine for a single thread.  JMeter captures
the session ID sent in the initial request and sends it back with each subsequent Http Request.

However, when the number of threads is increased to 2, JMeter shares the sessionID for both
threads.  As a result, the app server is seeing multiple request from one simulated user rather
than two simulated users.

Does anyone know how I can use JMeter to actually simulate multiple users that do not share
the same session ID?

TIA

-Carl Blake
www.xfi.com