jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Carl W Blake" <c...@xfi.com>
Subject RE: session ID
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:33:56 GMT

Thanks again for the help.  Using the documentation, I tried recording another test scenario
just to make sure I could duplicate the problem.  Basically, running the scenario for 1 user
doesn't yield the same Http Response as that shown in the browser.

In order to get the proper Http Responses using my recorded test plan, I have to manually
add the Cookie Manager and the URL-rewriter.  These two elements together seem to allow JMeter
to remember the session cookie ID sent with the first Http Request in the test plan.  The
same session cookie ID is then sent back with all subsequent Http Requests in my test plan.

In order to simulate multiple users, I've been trying to setup JMeter in such a way that each
thread will maintain its own session cookie ID, as returned from the app server, for the duration
of the thread life.  Is this the correct logic?  Is it correct to simulate n users using n
threads?

(Just to clarify, my application doesn't have a login.  Users are only uniquely identified
to the app by their session-id)

-Carl Blake
www.xfi.com