jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jana Poornavel <JPOORNA...@selectica.com>
Subject RE: Extending XML-RPC Sampler
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 05:03:58 GMT
hi chris,
		i too tried doing the same,and had a little success,in way
to modify the Html link Parser to identity the
sessionId embedded in the xml response,but the implementation of mine is
nasty,since i dabbled with the code,but it worked.
its possible to write to your custom sampler(as stover always says!)but it
needs lot of understanding to reuse the code.

i would suggest you to see how Modify controller and HTML Parser work in
tandem to parse through the response and rewrite
any 'HREF"(if it is an HTML Page) and make up the http request.

and why dont you have a look around jmeter1.8.i hope they have implemented
what you and probably me have tried to do so

regards
jana

-----Original Message-----
From: Ireland, Chris [mailto:Chris.Ireland@isinet.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 3:13 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Extending XML-RPC Sampler

Hello -

I would like to extend the XML-RPC Sampler and am having trouble doing so.
Is this task possible?

My motivations for doing so are as follows - early in my test plan a request
will generate a SessionID, included in the response from the server.  This
SessionID is needed for some subsequent test cases - if I can extend the
sampler then I can create two versions (one that parses the response and
stores the ID, and the other that takes the ID from storage and populates
the XML request).  I've not found documentation in JMeter that tells me how
to do this, and am assuming that it isn't possible - is this correct?

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks -

Chris