jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Good performance testing tool?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:12:22 GMT
Naturally the people on this list are going to recommend JMeter.

I personally selected JMeter over openSTA primarily because it would execute
on non-Windows platforms and it is implemented in Java (rather than C) and
hence I feel more comfortable if the need arises to tweak the testing tool
itself.

Being script based I would expect openSTA to support conditional logic, this
was not supported in JMeter last time I looked, but I think it is heading in
that direction.

I suspect the JMeter users and developers are more responsive to queries
than the equivalent openSTA people, but my opinion is likely to be biased by
the fact that I monitor the JMeter groups, not the openSTA ones.

JMeter also provides mechanisms for testing much more than just web
applications.

It is easy to set up ant try out.  I would recommend giving JMeter a go.

HTH,

Scott
--
Scott Eade