jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Ireland, Chris" <Chris.Irel...@isinet.com>
Subject Extending XML-RPC Sampler
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:42:39 GMT
Hello -

I would like to extend the XML-RPC Sampler and am having trouble doing so.
Is this task possible?

My motivations for doing so are as follows - early in my test plan a request
will generate a SessionID, included in the response from the server.  This
SessionID is needed for some subsequent test cases - if I can extend the
sampler then I can create two versions (one that parses the response and
stores the ID, and the other that takes the ID from storage and populates
the XML request).  I've not found documentation in JMeter that tells me how
to do this, and am assuming that it isn't possible - is this correct?

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks -

Chris