jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Eyvind Lund <eyvind.l...@gravityrock.com>
Subject understanding test results
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:13:10 GMT
Hi!

I have just started testing with jmeter and have questions regarding understanding results
I use throughput as a measurement number.
I have ran similiar tests with Loadrunner, and results has been around 35/sec on same test-set.

jmeter 1.8/JRE 1.4.1_02
Load client: Windows2000 1600Mhz, 1GB RAM
Appliation server: AIX, 2x600Mhz, 2GB RAM, WebSphere 4.0.5

The small test during daytime (busy period) gives me results from 5-10/sec (which is not to
bad). To my big surprise, I can achieve 70-200/sec during evening time.

Test picture:
1. authenticate to application server
2. view page
3. logout

10 virtual users, repeat test 100 times

So, questions are like:
* is throughput correct attribute to monitor?
* does jmeter cache pages?
* does anyone have a good description on 'understanding test results with jmeter'

Thanks a lot for any comments that can help me to better understanding!

/eYvind
System analyst
GravityRock.com
mailto:eyvind.lund@gravityrock.com