jmeter-user mailing list archives

From mstov...@apache.org
Subject RE: Good performance testing tool?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:19:57 GMT
I'm not sure I understand, but any dynamic data has to be manually reworked
after you record the basic requests.  I'm not sure how you would expect
JMeter to automatically guess which elements of a request were dynamic and
needed to be parsed from the previous request.

JMeter can parse previous requests for data, but you have to tell it where and
how to find that data.  I don't know that it can be any other way.

-Mike

On 22 Apr 2003 at 18:18, Jana Poornavel wrote:

> there is a bit of complexity in recording a browser actions for some really
> specific occasions.for eg,if theres is an HTTP
> request which depends upon previous xml response(i would say the session
> related information),then even with the help of
> modification manager ,it couldnt be possibly constructed.
>
> regards
> jana

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org