jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stover" <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignoring Case in Response Assertion
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 18:43:00 GMT
There isn't currently a way of specifying case-neutral matches, but you could use
[mM][yY][pP]...etc

also, matches means your regular expression will be checked for a match to the
entire response.  contains means the response need only contain an instance of
your regex.

-Mike

On 9 Apr 2003 at 11:08, Ayman Mobarak wrote:

> Does anyone know how to construct an assertion that tests for the presence
> of a string while ignoring the case? I am using JMeter 1.8.
>
> Example:
> I have defined a user parameter as such:
> name = MyParam, value = "PARAM VALUE"
> (double quotes are for clarity in this email)
>
> I have added a reponse assertion to an HTTP request like so:
> Text Response / Contains / ${MyParam}
>
> The assertion fails because the application comes back with
> "Param Value" rather than "PARAM VALUE"
>
> To solve this problem in Perl, one would write
>
> if( !( $Test =~ /$MyParam/i ) )
> {
>    # assert
> }
>
> Is there an equivalent sytax for JMeter assertions?
> Also, what is the difference between "Contains" and "Matches" in the
> assertion dialog?

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya