jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Jurkiewicz, Robert" <Robert.Jurkiew...@GTECH.COM>
Subject RE: session ID
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:22:24 GMT
1. Disable URL-rewriter
2. Add Cookie Manager. Leave it empty.
3. Run your test with 2 users.
4. Remove URL-rewriter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl W Blake [mailto:carl@xfi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 2:05 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: session ID

In my JMeter test scenario, I'm using the URL-rewriting modifier to capture
the session ID being passed from my web application.  The test works fine
for a single thread.  JMeter captures the session ID sent in the initial
request and sends it back with each subsequent Http Request.

However, when the number of threads is increased to 2, JMeter shares the
sessionID for both threads.  As a result, the app server is seeing multiple
request from one simulated user rather than two simulated users.

Does anyone know how I can use JMeter to actually simulate multiple users
that do not share the same session ID?

TIA

-Carl Blake
www.xfi.com

recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient),
please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email
is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses.
We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption,
interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.