jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Casadonte, Joe" <JCasado...@glog.com>
Subject RE: Running multiple GUI sessions
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:42:07 GMT
> You can run JMeter as many times as you like, on as many
> machines as you like.
> I can't stop you :-)

heh heh

> I think I don't really understand your question.

I guess I have a couple of questions, really.

I have 3 different tests to run, each against different servers.  I have 3
remote engines available to me, as well as my desktop machine which I'm
using as the controller for the remote machines.

Not knowing how the engine -> controller communication works, I was unsure
whether or not I could start up multiple GUI sessions simultaneously and
have them each talk to remote engines running different tests, without
stomping all over each other.  Further, I didn't know if the (potentially)
heavy load on my controller machine would then affect the remote machine's
performance w/r/t data gathering and reporting.  I would hope that the
generating of the sample result data is as independent of the persisting of
it as possible, but I don't know the limits of what's possible.

Finally, when using remote engines, is there any performance difference
running the controller in gui-mode versus from the command line?

I could quantify all of this myself, and will if I can't get a definitive
answer, but my tests are a little on the long side and my time on the
machines is somewhat limited, so I'd rather spend my time testing the app,
not the tool.

Thanks for the help!!

--
Regards,