jmeter-user mailing list archives

From ru...@albany.edu
Subject Re: Remote JMeter
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 17:02:53 GMT
Hi Scott:
> Not sure about the out of memory references that are included in this
>thread
Sorry about that. Should have sent a separate thread. As mentioned, I
don't feel all that comfortable with java yet.

> - I assume you are allocating more of the available memory to the JVM used
> to tun JMeter by altering the java mx parameter on startup?
> Scott

You assumed incorrectly. :)  I incorrectly assumed java would use as much
available memory as possible. However, I guess that would break the
security sandbox? Anyway, thanks for the tip! If run into the problem
again I'll try:
java -Xms32m -Xmx128m   given that I have 512mg.
Ref.:
http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,28388,00.html#sec2-out-of-memory

-Ryan